British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > Ox Brody

Mark

Around 1980/81 there was a huge Wrestler-did at least 1 TV appearance-billed as "Ox Brody". I remember seeing him at Croydon, and he was so tall, he entered the ring over the top rope. Many years later there was a Col Brody (AKA Magnificent Maurice). Does anyone know if these 2 gents were in fact the same person, and if not, what happened to the Ox?

August 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken Sowden
Site Owner

Thanks for your message Mark.  Ox Brody was not the same wrestler who was Colonel Brody.  Ox Brody who also wrestled under the name of Ragnor the Viking was infact a guy called Dave Cross from Ellesmere Port.  Ox Brody had two matches on itv, he wrestled Ray Steele at a taping from Bradford (broadcast on 12th April 1980) losing by one fall and one disqualification and he wrestled Wayne Bridges at a taping from Bedworth (broadcast on the 9th August 1980) losing by two falls to one.  We do not know where the Ox is at present but will ask around, if however any of our members know maybe they could post it here. 

August 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

grahambrook

I recall booking Dave Cross for a show I promoted at The Bollington Civic Hall sometime in the late seventies. He wrestled Bob Bell and I billed him as Ragnor the Viking. Talking of TV appearances, he also wrestled on a Relwyskow and Green taping against Dalibar (Gil) Singh as The North Man.I recall little about him apart from the fact that, like so many ring villains, although he was all fire and brimstone inside the squared circle, he was very quiet outside of it.

--
August 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken Sowden
Site Owner

You are correct there grahambrook, he did indeed wrestle as the North Man and had a tv appearance against Gill Singh (broadcast on 25th February 1978 from Rotherham) where he lost by disqualification. 

August 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Redcloud Street

Is this match on youtube at all please, would love to see it.

--
August 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken Sowden
Site Owner

Redcloud, unfortunately this match is not yet on You Tube but we are ever hopeful that this, and many other matches, maybe in someones private collection and that they will appear at some point in the future. 

August 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.