British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > Thanks for the website

Updesh

I stumbled across this website and signed up. What a pleasure and delight to see so many infamous names from British wrestling in the 70s. My dad used to take me to De Montfort Hall in Leicester every month for a few years during the 70s and I became an avid collector of wrestling material - posters, leaflets, ads during that period. What a collection. Would be great to attend some of your reunions. Alas I am living in the Middle East, so not too soon. All the very best. Updesh Kapur

July 26, 2013 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken Sowden
Site Owner

Thank you for the kind words Updesh and we are very pleased that you enjoy the site.  The De Montford hall in Leicester was used by itv as one of their venues for televising wrestling around the time you attended so I am sure that you saw some great bouts there.  Its a shame that you are unable to attend our reunion on the 11th August but we will be posting many photographs from the day as well as giving a full write up on the news section so hopefully that will go someway to making up for you being unable to be there.   We are constantly adding new material to the website which we hope that you will enjoy reading.  If there is anything you would like to see on the website then feel free to ask us and we will do our best to accommodate you.

July 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Updesh

Of course, saw so many exciting bouts and yes, the televised ones on World of Sport. I am surprised how the names come flooding back after all these years - aside from the obvious ones such as Big Daddy. Names such as Johnny Kwango, Masambula, Adrian Street, Borg Twins, Vic Faulkner, Johnny Logan...even Harvey Smith..the list is endless. I have enjoyed watching the odd bout on your website and the memories were certainly there. Even showing my 9-year-old son what it was like in those days compared with the rubbish we see on WWE/WWF. For memories sake, the posters and leaflets will forever remain. All in mint condition. What would be nice is to list all the names of wrestlers from the 70s - and what they are doing now. Sadly some have passed away and others enjoying retired life. All the best - and continue the good work - Updesh

July 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken Sowden
Site Owner

After the post from Updesh wanting to know about wrestlers from the 1970's and what are they up to today, we are pleased to announce that a series of questions have been drawn up and some of the biggest names of that decade who are attending this years reunion have agreed to answer them. So for Updesh and everyone else keep checking the site and soon after the reunion the first question and answer session will be posted.

July 28, 2013 at 4:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Updesh

Thank you. Look forward to it.

July 28, 2013 at 7:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Big Dave

I'd just like to add my thanks as well. Great site, brought back many happy memories

February 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.