British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > The things you find in attics

rob b

Hi all after clearing out my grandads attic i came across a stack of wrestling programmes ranging back from 1944 (i think maybe earlier ones aswell) up to 1947-1950.The first thing that came to mind was 'i never knew wrestling was so popular at that time'. These programmes are in great condition and i will try get some photos up if i can.On the back of one programme there was a ticket pinned to it it was for the 1951 middleweight championship of the world fight between suger ray and randolph turpin which i thought was pretty cool.I learnt that day that my grandad loved to see some bouts im just sad he never mentioned it to me so i could of had the storys aswell.

November 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

raymond.plunkett@btinternet.com

rob b at November 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Hi all after clearing out my grandads attic i came across a stack of wrestling programmes ranging back from 1944 (i think maybe earlier ones aswell) up to 1947-1950.The first thing that came to mind was 'i never knew wrestling was so popular at that time'. These programmes are in great condition and i will try get some photos up if i can.On the back of one programme there was a ticket pinned to it it was for the 1951 middleweight championship of the world fight between suger ray and randolph turpin which i thought was pretty cool.I learnt that day that my grandad loved to see some bouts im just sad he never mentioned it to me so i could of had the storys aswell.

Rob,Is there any chance i could have a copy of the bill page please.

Cheers!!!

raymond.plunkett@btinternet.com   MC/Ref 1978/2002 & 2012 to ??? & Historian

--
October 5, 2012 at 6:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.