British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > Pedro the Gypsy ( Gordon Allen )

Dennis Lord

It is with great sadness we have learnt of the Death of Pedro the Gypsy.

I first met him in the early 60s along with fellow Barnsley Wrestlers,  Butcher Goodman, Karl Von Kramer, Dwight J Ingleburg,  all those who saw Pedro will like me remember a very funny man never a dull moment,

I learnt a lot from the Barnsley Wrestlers.

And was pleased when they  worked on my Promotions later on, always willing to help me.

I still have a little laugh every time I think of Pedro.

Iam sure all Wrestling friends on the Reunion page will join with me and send condolences to the Family.

--

November 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Thanks Dennis for sharing this sad news with us.

So often these days we are mourning the passing of another of our wrestling heroes who brought so much joy to thousands of fans over many years. Occasionally the news received is particularly saddening because the person concerned had something special that "touched" even those who didn't know them personally. Pedro was one of those special people, and I am sure there will be many hearing this news who will be remembering him tonight with sadness at his passing and a smile as they recall his antics. I first watched Pedro wrestling some 45 years ago, and when I saw him at the Leeds Reunion last year he was still centre stage with the magic touch.

--
November 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.