British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > Irish wrestlers

Raphaelle

I’m working as a researcher for adocumentary film about the history of wrestling in Ireland called ‘The FitFinlays’. The film follows the story of the Finlay family from touring NorthernIreland in the 1950s and 60s to headlining in front of millions of fans as partof the WWE.

I am currently trying to find archive material whichcould help tell the story of wrestling in Ireland, both amateur andprofessional.  Does anybody know how I could go about getting in contactwith the following wrestlers?

Sean Regan

Pat Barratt

Harry Geoghegan (Dr Timmy Geoghegan)

Billy 'Lucky' Jordan

Ian ‘Mad Dog’ Wilson

I would be delighted to speak to anybody who might haveold footage or photos connected to the wrestling scene. We will be completingthe film within the next month so please contact me as soon as possible if youcan offer any material or contacts. Any help would be genuinely appreciated.

I can be contacted on 078748 62400 orraphboland@gmail.com.

Best wishes,

Raphaelle

January 5, 2010 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NickyE

Hi, Sean Regan (real name Gerry Murphy) has continued to lead a very colourful life since quitting wrestling. He now lives in Durban in South Africa. Here's his website - you can contact him through there www.gerrymurphy.net

Regards

Nicky

June 4, 2011 at 2:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.