British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > Ricki Starr,The Original American Ballet Dancer to British Wrestling.

Terry Christie

I Was very sorry to hear the sad news of Ricki Starr has passed away at the age 83 years.

Wednesday February 5th 1964 at Belle Vue Manchester when Ricki making his debut wrestling contest against The Italian Pietro Cappello and The Referee Doug de Delwyskow sent Cappello back into the dressing room and Ricki won the bout and he is holding the microphone from The MC and he said,thank you very much i don't needed that way,right now I'll give you two more rounds and The Referee & The MC Joining in as well and The ITV Professional Wrestling Commentator is Peter Cockburn.

Ricki wrestled with Jackie Pallo,Mick McManus,Les Kellet,Steve Logan,Brian Maxine,Johnny Kwango,George Kidd & Johnny Czeslaw.

The Wonderful Memories of The Great Professional Wrestler icon is The late Ricki Starr & The Legend Lives On.

Terry Christie,from Sunderland,Tyne & Wear.

October 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken Sowden
Site Owner

Terry Christie at October 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I Was very sorry to hear the sad news of Ricki Starr has passed away at the age 83 years.

Wednesday February 5th 1964 at Belle Vue Manchester when Ricki making his debut wrestling contest against The Italian Pietro Cappello and The Referee Doug de Delwyskow sent Cappello back into the dressing room and Ricki won the bout and he is holding the microphone from The MC and he said,thank you very much i don't needed that way,right now I'll give you two more rounds and The Referee & The MC Joining in as well and The ITV Professional Wrestling Commentator is Peter Cockburn.

Ricki wrestled with Jackie Pallo,Mick McManus,Les Kellet,Steve Logan,Brian Maxine,Johnny Kwango,George Kidd & Johnny Czeslaw.

The Wonderful Memories of The Great Professional Wrestler icon is The late Ricki Starr & The Legend Lives On.

Terry Christie,from Sunderland,Tyne & Wear.

It was indeed very sad news to hear about Ricki and although he was no longer involved in the wrestling business in any capacity he did send a statement to us last year which was read out at our Reunion and this has been added to his obituary which you can read in the relevant section of this website.

Of course Ricki was not only a star in the UK but around the World, none more so than his home country of America and we at the Reunion have received emails from various organisations in the USA asking us for a comment on his time in the UK so that they themselves can honour such a great wrestler. 

As you rightly say Terry, Ricki wrestled many of the greats that the UK had to offer and with his unique style of wrestling he will be one that will never be forgotten.

October 2, 2014 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

rayneal

i am sorry to hear that Ricki Starr has past away. he was a good friend. Ricki Starr helped me to become a wrestler.he was a gentleman.R.I.P.Ricki Starr.

October 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wrassler

Ricki Starr was my late mothers favourite wrestler, so happy memories are revisited when i think of Rickis wrestling exploits.

Rest in Peace Ricki.

--

What could be better than walking down any street in any city and knowing you're the heavyweight champion of the world?
Rocky Marciano

October 26, 2014 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.