British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > JOCK CAMERON (HARRY STRICKLAND)

dids

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE......SPENT THIS MORNING LOOKING THROUGH THE FANTASTIC PHOTOS......FAR TOO MANY TO GET THROUGH IN ONE DAY......DOES ANYONE REMEMBER JOCK CAMERON (REAL NAME HARRY STRICKLAND)   HE WAS BORN IN FLEETWOOD LANCASHIRE 1934.....MAKES HIM 80 THIS YEAR.......

September 28, 2014 at 5:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

grahambrook

I never saw Jock Cameron live but I do recall seeing him in a TV bout against Steve Veidor; not for long, however, I seem to recall him being disqualified in round two. Someone who could have offered him plenty of work was Blackpool promoter Bobby Barron but I recall Bob telling me that although he did all that was asked in the ring, for some reason he refused to parade outside. Bob used to promote on Blackpool Pleaure Beach and the wrestlers would appear on a small outdoor platform prior to the show to tempt the punters in. Abe Ginsberg in particular was very good on the microphone tempting the punters inside but, conversely, Cameron was not even prepared to make an appearance so Bob decided that he could not use him.

--
September 28, 2014 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

maskedmummy
Could be something to do with him living in nearby Fleetwood
September 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.