British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > anyone remember ?

Raven

Am trying to trace a Canadian wrestler who went by the name of Tarzan Bill Hunter, he started his career in Canada in the mid 1930s and then spent a very long period in the UK before going back to North America, any information however trivial would be appreciated

August 20, 2014 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John Shelvey

Hi Raven. Have a look at wrestlingdata.com and you'll find a lot of his results. I have to admit I don't recall his name at all and it seems he first was in Blighty in 1937 and then again 1950.

Cheers, John

August 23, 2014 at 3:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Raven

Thanks for your reply John, there is a photo on wrestling data but to be honest I am not wholly convinced this is the man.  The photo is of a very young man whereas the bloke I remember was quite mature looking. Nevertheless thanks for your help and I shall keep trying.

August 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John Shelvey

25.09.1938 – Newcastle Billy Watson & Tarzan Bill Hunter drew Bengal Engblom & Jack Terry Van

04.11.1939 – Newcastle Billy Watson, Jack Atherton, Jack McLauchlan & Tarzan Bill Hunter vs.

Morrow, Wills, Cerino & Vic Hesselle

Hi Raven. I think ou'll find that is a picture of a young Tarzan Bill. The rest checks out!

Cheers, John.

August 25, 2014 at 6:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Raven

thanks john

August 25, 2014 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Raven

john thank you for the info I am still making enquiries about his private life and details of which would be most welcome

August 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.