British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > Johnny Kwango,The King of The Head Butts

Terry Christie

Johnny Kwango was The King of The Head Butts and The Original Professional Wrestler for many years with his tag partners-Linde Caulder & Clive Myers.

His great battles against Jackie Pallo,Mick McManus,Steve Logan,Les Kellett,Kendo Nagasaki,Brian Maxine,Johnny Saint,Jim Breaks,Alan Dennison,Sid Cooper,Lucky Gordon and The Black Diamonds.

Sadly Johnny Kwango passed away in 1994 and I Won't forget The Great Original Professional Wrestler icon for so long.

Terry Christie,from Sunderland,Tyne & Wear

--
February 21, 2014 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bob Kirkwood

Good Guy Both in and out of the ring. Proud to be a friend

--
February 22, 2014 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken Sowden
Site Owner

We were very honoured to induct Johnny Kwango into our Hall of Fame, an honour which we here at the British Wrestlers Reunion feel he rightly deserves. 

February 22, 2014 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

john kincaid

I tagged with johnny for over a three years, starting as the J.K's then under our singlar names, he was a gentleman and more like a father figure to me, I was with him a week before he passed and he was like he was when we first met, taking the piss out of me and himself, a nicer man never walked this earth and you would have to go along way to find another like him. R.I.P my friend, you are still missed.

your old mate and tag partner Johnny.K

--
April 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ian

Johnny Kwango was my all time favourite wrestler.
I had many favourites, but Johnny was my favourite.
I was very sad to hear that he passed away some years ago, but I do still have some dvd recordings of him. Sadly missed, but you will live on in my treasured dvd/s.
He was a wonderful and great wrester,,,,all that a wrestler could be.
Yes,,, his headbutts were very famous, and quite right too.
He only used them when they were needed.
Johnny was a wondferul wrestler and pleasure to watch.
Well done Johnny,,,,,you did very well, my all time favourite, and sadly missed.
RIP my friend.
Ian.

June 1, 2014 at 7:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee Bamber

Johnny refereed for "All Star" in the late 1980's and I remember sharing a dressing room with him at Aylesbury when I was M.C.

A wonderful softly spoken fella , we chatted for ages about old cars (Johnny was famous for his old cars over the years) .. lovley man and I was glad I was able to work with him..

June 15, 2014 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.