British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > Fred Edwards

Jon 1984

Hi all, 

I wonder if anyone can help me out. 

My grandad was Fred Edwards, an MC on the British Wrestling circuit. I have many fond memories of him telling me about his wrestling days and I wondered if anyone knew of any pics of videos of Fred in action over the years? I have a few stories from books like "Who's who of British Wrestling", but I wondered if there was anything else. 

If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great! 

All the best,

Jonathan 

October 3, 2016 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry Christie

Fred Edwards,The Original MC for Dale-Martin Wrestling Promotions on ITV Sport and he did a great job inside the ring annouced the famous wrestlers including Mick McManus,Jackie Pallo,Steve Logan,Les Kellett,George Kidd,Johnny Kwango,Brian Maxine,The Royal Brothers and he got on with the other MC's & The Referees such as Tony Mancelli,Joe D'Orazio,Max Ward,Lou Marco,Tiny Carr and Jack Cunnigham.

Fred Edwards,The MC from Reading in Berkshire with Dale-Martin Wrestling Promotions for many years and a great original icon from the fabluous fifties,swinging sixties and glam rock seventies.

Terry Christie,from Sunderland,Tyne & Wear.

October 4, 2016 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jon 1984

Thanks Terry, all those names seem farmiliar from the many stories he used to tell me as a lad! 

Do you know of any pics or videos featuring him that I may be able to find? 

All the best,

Jon 

October 5, 2016 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jon 1984

Thanks Terry, all those names seem farmiliar from the many stories he used to tell me as a lad! 

Do you know of any pics or videos featuring him that I may be able to find? 

All the best,

Jon 

October 5, 2016 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.