British Wrestlers Reunion
Strengthening the Ring of Friendship

'

Forums Corner

Forum Home > British Wrestling through the ages > Colin Joynson,The Great British Wrestler

Terry Christie

Colin Joynson turned professional wrestler from 1962-88 and he is a great sportsmanship.

Colin grappled with the famous wrestlers includes Steve Logan,Mick McManus,Mike Marino,Kendo Nagasaki,Tony St'Clair,Les Kellett and Kung Fu.

When Marty Jones beat Colin in the world heavyweight championship belt on ITV Sport 1988 and he shook hands with Marty in the great contest.

Colin Joynson,The Great British Wrestler icon for many decades.

Terry Christie,from Sunderland,Tyne & Wear.

July 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mick "the pen"brown

Terry,Did you ever see Colin Joynson fight in Sunderland

August 16, 2016 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BuckTaylor64
Saw 'Bulldog' a few times at Lincoln Drill Hall. Great fighter.
--
August 18, 2016 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tony st.clair

Terry Christie at July 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Colin Joynson turned professional wrestler from 1962-88 and he is a great sportsmanship.

Colin grappled with the famous wrestlers includes Steve Logan,Mick McManus,Mike Marino,Kendo Nagasaki,Tony St'Clair,Les Kellett and Kung Fu.

When Marty Jones beat Colin in the world heavyweight championship belt on ITV Sport 1988 and he shook hands with Marty in the great contest.

Colin Joynson was the best that happened to me when I first started wrestling.He advised me and coached me, and made me into the wrestler I became, Thank You Colin

Tony

August 22, 2016 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wrassler

tony st.clair at August 22, 2016 at 1:35 AM

Terry Christie at July 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Colin Joynson was the best that happened to me when I first started wrestling.He advised me and coached me, and made me into the wrestler I became, Thank You Colin

Tony

That is high praise indeed to receive such a plaudit from the legend that is Tony St. Clair, a well deserved plaudit, and likewise pleasing to see a wrestler of Tonys standing publically expressing his gratitude to Colin.

4pm Saturdays on ITV, "Hello grapple fans" courtesy of Mr Walton introduced the action, where the likes of Tony and Colin entertained their public, now that was entertainment, memories eh!!! Is it dusty in here as a tear has come to my eye;)

Thank you for the memories Gentlemen of the squared circle.

--

What could be better than walking down any street in any city and knowing you're the heavyweight champion of the world?
Rocky Marciano

September 19, 2016 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.